Managing Blacklegged Tick Bites (a module of the Tick-borne Diseases course), has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 1.0 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
The CDC estimates that the annual incidence of Lyme disease exceeds 300,000. Proper management of known bites should help to reduce that number.
After completing this module, learners should know:
- How to distinguish black-legged ticks from other tick species
- Facts about disease transmission
- How to estimate the risk associated with a specific bite
- Risks posed by potential co-infecting pathogens, and
- Details regarding the use of antibiotic prophylaxis
Back to Online CME Courses